PRfect Greens will use a combination of targeted advertising and networking to generate visibility and communicate PRfect Greens' message that they are the premier environmental PR firm in the area that possesses the ability to offer unprecedented specialized services and flexibility to help the customer manage their public image and deal with any unfortunate crisis.
The advertising will be done in specific industry journals. These will be chosen because the journal readership is a very specific, demographic that PRfect Greens is trying to reach.
The networking activities will be quite effective in leveraging the already existing relationships that the principals at PRfect Greens have established through years working in the different industries.
Get practical ideas and good models with dozens of examples of successful
marketing plans with Sales and Marketing Pro.
Finish your own Marketing Plan
PRfect Greens' mission is to provide the customer the highest quality of environmental PR consultancy. We exist to attract and maintain customers. When we adhere to this maxim, everything else will fall into place. Our services will exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Maintain positive, steady growth each month.
- Increase visibility of PRfect Greens within the industries of the targeted companies.
- Experience at least 30% of new clients attracted to PRfect Greens from referrals.
- A double digit growth rate for the next three years.
- Increase the profit margin by 1.5% per quarter.
- Reach profitability by year one.
The selected customer segments will be targeted in a specific advertising and networking campaign.
- Advertising: This campaign will target each of the prospective customers. The advertisements will generally be placed within the appropriate industry trade journal. The advertisements will be used to communicate the message that PRfect Greens is a specialized environmental PR firm that can work hand and hand with the company, providing them with both proactive as well as reactive PR services. The advertisements will detail the different services PRfect Greens provides as well as the rich experience the founders have in this niche.
- Networking: Since both of the founders have a long history in this market space, they have a long list of contacts that they have developed over the years. PRfect Greens will leverage these contacts to raise visibility regarding PRfect Greens and establish relationships with these companies so PRfect Greens can begin to serve them. Because this market niche is fairly small and specific, people in the space tend to know each other and a lot of business is transacted among acquaintances. This nature of the industry will make networking activities all the more effective.
PRfect Greens will position itself as the premier environmental PR firm in the Willamette Valley. Gas, mining, and lumber companies will appreciate the experience and insight that PRfect Greens brings to the table.
PRfect Greens will leverage their competitive edges to achieve the proper positioning. The competitive advantages that PRfect Greens enjoy are:
- Specialized skill set: While this will be detailed further in the management section, this competitive edge allows PRfect Greens to provide unusually keen insight into the customer's industry and how that applies to public relations.
- Flexibility: As a small firm, PRfect Greens is able to meet the customer's special needs by offering a very flexible service. This flexibility allows PRfect Greens to work hand in hand with the company and the community to support their customer. While many competitors will have an initial interview with the customer on their site, most of the work is completed on the PR firm's terms, typically at the home office. PRfect Greens' flexibility allows them to work with the client in any capacity required to serve the customer in the most effective way. Often this means working closely with the customer and the various hierarchical levels within the company. This will sometimes mean extended time spent at the company's work site, a service that PRfect Greens is more than happy to offer.
The single objective for PRfect Greens is to be known as the premier environmental PR firm, commanding a majority of the market share within four years. The marketing strategy will seek to first create customer awareness regarding the new firm, develop a customer base, and work toward building customer loyalty and referrals.
The message that PRfect Greens seeks to communicate is that PRfect Greens offers the most professional and experienced environmental PR services in the region. This message will be communicated through a variety of methods. The first method is various advertising. The advertisements will be launched within the respective industry trade journals.
The message will also be communicated through a strategic networking campaign that leverages all of the professional and personal relationships that the two principals have formed over their combined two decades of professional experience.
The last method of communication is through the use of their website. The marketing of the website will incorporate the following actions:
- Search engine submission. For all of the prospective customers that are unaware of PRfect Greens and are using the Internet to research the possible service solutions to their problem, PRfect Greens will professionally submit their site individually to all of the popular search engines so that PRfect Greens' site appears at the top of the search list.
- Advertising of the site through the various written materials that PRfect Greens will disseminate to prospective customers.
PRfect Greens' marketing mix is comprised of the following approaches to pricing, advertising and promotion, and customer service.
- Pricing: The pricing scheme will generally be based on a per project estimate that takes into account the number of hours required to complete the project as well as the resources that will need to be expended for completion. The hourly rate ranges from $50-$100.
- Distribution: The service will be distributed wherever it is needed. Often this will occur at the client's site.
- Advertising and promotion: The most successful promotional activities will be targeted advertising and strategic networking.
- Customer service: Obsessive customer service is the mantra. The customer will be satisfied, regardless of the short-term cost. This business model recognizes the idea that customer satisfaction will ensure long-term profits.
During the initial phases of the marketing plan development, several focus groups were held to gain insight into targeted customer groups and their decision-making process and important variables for that process.
Another source of marketing research is a marketing research project completed by University of Oregon business graduate students. The five students spent a semester devising and completing marketing research for class credit. PRfect Greens worked with the students throughout the semester, ensuring that the final research would be valuable to the firm. The combination of class credit as well as practical experience in their desired field created an incentive system that ensured a quality project.
Get practical ideas and good models with dozens
of examples of successful marketing plans